Mission Critical Projects
Robbins Engineering designs mission critical facilities for corporations and government agencies to support data centers and operations, call centers and disaster recovery centers, and network operations. Our design services for mission critical facilities include the design and evaluation of new shell buildings, conversion, adaptation, and hardening of existing buildings. Our experience includes projects located in areas prone to tornadoes and hurricanes and high seismic areas.
Our experience and familiarity with mission control facilities provides substantial insight into special needs and requirements of the mechanical and electrical systems associated with hardening, and bracing the critical elements to meet the design goals of the project. We are adept at identifying the most cost effective and expeditious ways to support project delivery. Robbins Engineering can help provide the most cost efficient layout for your mission critical needs associated with shell buildings, building conversions, and data center build-outs, including:
- MEP infrastructure areas
- Raised acess flooring (white space)
- Security Features
- Emergency Generators
- Troughs in slabs for chilled water piping
- Structural systems options including steel composite design, precast systems, concrete tilt-up systems
- High wind speed and tornado resistant design
- High seismic design
- Generator and Cooling Tower protection including design of air in-take and exhaust issues.
- Air borne missile protection grating
- Coordination of connex installation and egress issues
- Above ground and below grade chilled water storage tanks, support for generators, electrical switch gear, battery rooms, UPS systems and other equipment.